This document describes the computational models associated with blockchain and, in a second step, what is for blockchain the shutdown problem. He then asks questions about the link between shutdown problem, computation, and governability in a blockchain project. This document aims to contribute to the implementation of industrial good practices. At the same time, it opens questions to possible areas of research.
- Glossary — bitcoin. (Accessed on 06/18/2021).
Harry R. Lewis and Christos H. Papadimitriou. Elements of the Theory of Computation, volume 29. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, September 1998.
- Wenbo Wang, Dinh Thai Hoang, Peizhao Hu, Zehui Xiong, Dusit Niyato, Ping Wang, Yonggang Wen, and Dong In Kim. A survey on consensus mechanisms and mining strategy management in blockchain networks. 2019
- Dahlia Malkhi. Blockchain in the lens of BFT, 2018.
- Mark Stuart Day. The shutdown problem: how does a blockchain system end ?, 2019.
- Tien D Kieu. Computing the non-computable, 2003.